The secret to growing a small business quickly is in automation. Is your business ready to take your marketing on autopilot?
Choosing the best marketing automation software becomes challenging for you as a small business when your budget is tethered.
Or, if you think your business is small enough to be marketed manually.
Or, if your customers walk into your store and you never needed to meet them digitally.
But your business goal is to grow, right? You aim to get more sales, grab a bigger market, open multiple branches, bring in more profits, and stand up to your competitors.
So here is the secret, the missing link, the hidden gem: automation.
By automation, we mean allocating time-consuming, monotonous, redundant, and repetitive tasks of marketing to software while you get to focus on the crucial and exciting creative portion of it.
What better deal than to find a marketing automation software for your small business that is free?
Before delving into the top 11 marketing automation software for your business, let’s find out what they can do for you and why you actually need them.
How Is Marketing Automation Changing the Global Marketing Scene?
There is a growing amount of research conducted by various organizations that point towards the magnanimous growth of businesses once they automate their marketing processes.
According to the 2020 Facebook’s State of Small Business Report, nearly 51% of small businesses have reported an increase in online interactions with their clients.
In the State of Marketing Automation Survey Report 2019 published by Social Media Today, over 75% of businesses use at least one category of marketing automation tools. So how can marketing automation software transform your small business?
Three major things happen when you use free marketing automation platforms for your business.
1. You’ll have increased sales productivity.
2. You’ll be able to reduce your overheads.
3. You’ll be able to scale your business with fewer resources.
The other benefits of getting the best marketing software include:
1. Alignment of your sales and marketing
2. Generates revenue faster
3. Helps you retain your customers and create a relationship with them
4. Provides analytics by tracking and measuring marketing progress
5. Improves your marketing campaigns
What Are the Important Features of Marketing Automation Software?
A small business requires automated marketing software that covers the following important but basic features:
● User-friendly with a simple interface
● Landing page creation
● Email campaign marketing
● Integrates with your CRM
● A/B testing
● Insightful analytics
● Lead nurturing and management
● Social media management
The Top 11 Free Marketing Automation Software for Your Business
Currently, there are over 86,000 clients in over 120 countries that use HubSpot to grow their businesses.
HubSpot is a marketing automation software that will help you automate your sales, service, and marketing.
This powerful CRM platform provides your small business with the following plethora of tools that you can use for free to grow your business with ease:
- Free CRM Tools: email integration, app marketplace integrations, email templates, etc.
- Free Marketing Tools: email marketing, landing pages, list segmentation, ad management, etc.
- Free Sales Tools: live chat, email scheduling, reporting dashboard, etc.
- Free Service Tools: messenger integration, conversational bots, email tracking, and notifications, etc.
2. Zoho Campaigns
Zoho Campaigns is another top marketing software for small businesses. It provides cloud-based email marketing solutions for business owners that are looking to boost their sales.
Zoho Campaigns has a free plan for its automation platform wherein you can send up to 12,000 emails per month with a maximum of 2,000 subscribers.
This marketing automation software is best for your small business if you are absolutely brand new to email marketing or already using some other campaigns of Zoho.
- Zoho Campaigns provides some really great pre-designed templates for email marketing.
- They have a simple interface with a drag-and-drop editor for ease of use.
- They provide the opportunity to create campaigns that are focused on different social media platforms.
If you want to automate a lot of your marketing campaigns and management for free, you have to take a look at MailChimp.
If your business runs on powerful and highly creative newsletters that require distribution on social media, then MailChimp might be the best free tool for you.
Here are some of the features MailChimp offers you in their free plan:
- Provides list segmentation based on a number of categories
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Marketing
- Constitutes a website builder, forms builder, and landing page creation
- Social media marketing for Facebook and Instagram campaigns
- Newsletter analytics
4. Send Pulse
If your business thrives on bulk marketing to target markets, Send Pulse is a good choice for you.
Send Pulse is a cloud-based marketing automation software that combines SMS text, email, web push, Viber, and Facebook for your marketing strategy needs.
Here are some features that Send Pulse includes in their free plan:
- Email marketing automation
- Email templates & scheduler
- A/B testing to check the success of your email strategy
- Statistics and analytics
- Adding SMS text/push to autoresponders
Aimed specifically to cater to small and medium-sized businesses, Sendinblue offers multiple marketing tools to automate everything.
Finances Online reviews for business states that over 180,000 businesses world-wide trust Sendinblue for their marketing campaigns.
It’s easy to see why. Here are some of the reasons Sendinblue fits the needs of your business:
● Email & SMS marketing
● Forms & Landing pages
● CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
● Facebook ads
● Fully flexible and customizable marketing campaign automation
● Trigger monitoring
● Integration with Google Analytics
Sendinblue offers a free plan that has some of its powerful tools included:
- Customer journey tracker for the campaign
- Up to 300 emails per day for unlimited contacts
- Personalized email campaigns
- Huge collection of email templates
- Extensive workflow editor
Email marketing has evolved to be one of the strongest and most versatile forms of marketing in the current times.
GetResponse, therefore, projects itself exclusively as the world’s easiest email marketing platform.
If the only thing you require to automate in your marketing for your small business is email, then you’ve been looking for GetResponse.
This marketing automation software offers a free 30-day trial to test out any of its marketing platform packages. Here’s what this extensive tool has to offer you:
- CRM: lead nurturing, drag and drop sales pipeline, notes & reminders
- Email marketing automation: web traffic tracking, tracking lead behaviour & purchases, segmentation
- Webinars & landing page creation: VOIP camera & video capabilities, presentation sharing, landing page templates, image editor
- Newsletter design, AB testing, advanced analytics
Ever heard of a marketing automation software that lets you use all of their features in their free plan?
Sender is used by over 40,000 customers to automate their entire email marketing campaign.
With one click action, you can integrate all webshops like Woocommerce, WordPress, etc to send transaction emails, promotional newsletters and rapidly grow your business.
Here’s what they offer in the free plan:
- Complete email campaign automation
- Insightful analytics
- Web push notifications
- Subscription forms
- A library of newsletter templates
- Built-in photo editor
- Contact segmentation
Jumplead is a marketing platform that automates email marketing, lead management, contact management, and landing page creation.
This software was created keeping in mind the needs of a small to medium-sized business. It is a powerful, affordable inbound marketing software.
Jumplead offers a 14-day free trial to help you select the right plan for your business.
This marketing automation platform provides the following powerful features:
- Lead nurturing
- Email marketing
- Landing page
- Sales & Marketing automation
- Contact management system
- Website analysis
Mailerlite does best what its name highlights: mail. A very popular email marketing automation software used widely by freelancers, small and mid-sized businesses, non-profits, and even large organizations.
Mailerlite was built with the sole focus on simplicity, an excellent customer support system, and the creation of beautiful and impacting emails.
This marketing automation software offers a free plan that contains excellent features:
- Ability to send up to 12,000 emails per month and contacts capped at 1000 subscribers for the free plan.
- Email campaigns: drag and drop editor, built-in photo editing
- Subscriber growth: Landing page creations, form building, subscriber management
- Email automation: advanced segmentation, tagging, RSS campaigns, AB testing
- Analytics, integrations, free website, a huge collection of templates
Engagebay is a CRM software that provides full automation for sales, service, and marketing for small and mid-sized businesses.
Its strongest feature is the entire process of lead nurturing which is fully automatic and responsive.
Engagebay has a free forever plan that includes a variety of features that every small business owner would wish to have for their marketing automation. Here are some of the important free features:
- Unlimited contacts with 5,000 emails per month
- Office 365 integration
- Landing page creation
- Email templates, scheduling, tracking
- Deals pipeline
- Web forms & live chat
Moosend is known as a Powertool for all-in-one marketing automation. Moosend caters to small businesses as well as large organizations.
Moosend offers a free plan of unlimited emails for up to 1,000 subscribers. Their important core features included in this free plan are as follows:
- Marketing channels: Email campaigns, embeddable, pop-up, and sign-up forms
- Excellent branding and design experience: conditional content
- Marketing automation: workflow designer, pre-designed automation workflows
- Tracking, Analytics, Reports & Insights, AB testing
Finding the right marketing automation software that suits the needs of your business is crucial to your success.
You could begin by listing out the goals and outcomes you hope to achieve by implementing free marketing automation software for your business. You’d also have to highlight the high impacting, revenue-generating marketing channels for your business.
Then you’d have to match it with the free plan features of the above mentioned top 11 marketing automation software.
Automation is a proven tool to grow a small business quickly and expansively. So go ahead and pen down your business marketing goals and the marketing automation software that matches.